Monday, April 23, 2012

A Shabby-fied Lamp, Corbels and a Gift

     I make my bed in two different ways. I usually just pull up the sheets/blanket and flop the pillows into place in a thoughtless rush. My bedding is all white and I swear, our black lab will only jump up onto the bed if the covers are pulled down so that she can leave a nice nest of needle sharp black hair right in the center. Anyways, I usually just throw the covers up to cover the sheets but about twice a week I make the bed up really pretty with all the decorative pillows and such. This morning as I was doing this one of my white pillowcases literally came apart at the seams. Obviously top quality! : D

     So instead of tossing it I ripped it into strips and shabby-fied a dollar store lamp I had recently spray painted. I think I'll wax it so it doesn't have that "obviously spray painted" look. Kinda cute huh? My girls (7 & 3) helped me make it and it'll probably end up in one of their rooms.







I was so thrilled to receive a free gift from Okio B Designs today! I knew I had won the flat iron mat but I wasn't expecting the adorable little French themed goody bag that sweet Jeanine handmade. It was full of all kinds of little pretties and my heart is touched by her kindness. 







And lastly, I found a HUGE antique mall on the west side of Houston. It was fun strolling the isles this morning. I found these corbels for a great price. Big and heavy! Not very ornate, but perfect for my project. I'm going to be making something for my bedroom with these babies.






 Thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to link up to the party!


♥Linsey





9 comments:

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

Oh I'm so glad I found your blog! I love your shabby farmhouse style!!! I'm your newest fan! Please stop by bellanest.blogpost.com any time!

Pura Vida said...

You have got to be kidding me on creating that cute lamp

Crafty Texas Girl said...

Love that you just 'ripped it up' and found a new way to re-use the fabric. It looks something from an expensive boutique. Way to go!
:) Samantha

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The lamp shade is adorable!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Just found your wonderful blog and of course I am your newest follower:) Love your sweet lamp shade. What a great idea. Can't wait to get to know you and your blog:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Okio B Designs said...

=) So glad everything arrived safely!

Jeanine

Anne said...

Linsey,
LOVE that lamp.Looks great and so easy too.And if you visit my blog you know how much I LOVE those chippy pieces.What an awesome find.I love getting those pieces.So many fun creative things to do with those.
Anne

Heaven's Walk said...

What a darling idea for that lamp, Linsey! Cute! You know, you've got me thinking about the 2 corbels I have stashed in my basement. Maybe it's time to do something with them..... lol! xxo laurie

Miss Gracie's House said...

Love your sweet farmhouse style! Any kind of chippy architecture is a rare find around here so I'm lovin' yours:)
Rene'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...