Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A ChRiStMaS Sneak Peek!

I really wanted to be like all of you other patient and organized bloggers and hold off on showing anything Christmas-y until I had enough to do a massive "house tour" post. Weeell....


"Patient" and "organized" and not words my husband uses to describe what he loves about me. In fact, you won't be seeing the entire dining room yet because I have to clean up the mess I made creating this light extravaganza! 

Here is the one area of the house that is completely ready for Christmas. I just want to sit in this corner all day and dream about ChRiStMaS. Haha!






This year I wanted to do a "snow" theme somewhere in the house. My dining room is my "all white" room, so it was the perfect backdrop for a snowball wonderland.


And living in Houston, I have to create my own snowy wonderland you see...




My mom bought this wooden angel and aged it herself when I was a little girl. I'm so glad I "rescued" it from her give away pile.




Sprinkle in some old sheet music and ironstone pieces...







I have sets of buckets with snowballs for sale in my Etsy shop, just like the one above! Click HERE




Sorry kids...this one is empty.






This awesome old apple crate turned bookshelf came from one of my favorite Texas shops...Smitten, in Fredericksburg. 



And here is a sneak peek of something I'm working on for my entryway. Can you tell what this used to be?




 I'd like to put some little lights in it. Wouldn't that look neat?


So, I'll just keep doing a little bit of holiday decorating at a time. 

Now to go check out what you all have been up to...

♥Linsey





30 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lindsey,

I love your white Christmas area. Everything about it says farmhouse. I have to ask, where di you find all the bottlebrush trees? Asking because they are on my list to decorate with this year.

I can't wait to see more Christmas decorations by you, I love your blog. I'm following you around. . .via Pinterest, facebook and your blog. . . call me a stalker, cuz I am. .

Please check out my new farmhouse blog, "real simple style" @ http://7grands.blogspot.com/

stay sweet ~d

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

LInsey ..Everything is gorgeous. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Debra@CommonGround said...

wonderful! Love love that clock case with the bottle brush trees!

Pamela said...

Lins it all looks beautiful! Seriously when I get back from Ga we need to get together and play!:)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh how pretty...luv those snowballs!

Blessings,
Linda

June said...

LOVE IT!!! Everything looks beautiful Linsey! Can't wait to see more!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

BEAUTIFUL Linsey!!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

GORGEOUS!! Love every single thing, Linsey!

Unknown said...

I Love the snow theme! You did a great job! I absolutely adore your angel too. Purchased a bucket of snowballs from you, and can't wait to get them!
Thanks!
Heather

Eilis said...

Just beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration!

chateau chic said...

Your snowball theme in your dining room is so fun! I love little lights at Christmastime. I haven't held off starting to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving this year either. I just can't do it all in one day anymore.
Thanks for the peek,
Mary Alice

Candy S said...

Love your white Christmas. The snowballs are wonderful. You did a terrific job of turning your dining room into a winter wonderland. The bottle brush trees look as if they will be dwelling in a home made from an old mantle clock or kitchen clock. Whatever it is, it does look intriguing right now. Can't wait to see the finished product. Have a wonderful holiday.

Candy

Unknown said...

Living in North Central Florida, I can sooo relate. I miss the snow and white wonderland. One tree in the home is always a tree decorated in silver and white to remind me of home!
Luv your white wonderland...
Hugs, Gee

Ron said...

I love the snoballs, Linsey!

lynne said...

I love it! Very elegant. May I just ask, is that lace that you lined the shelves with? Did you cut the rounded edges? I love the look and want to copy!

Cynthia said...

Lindsey, I love what you have done, just gorgeous!!!

Cynthia

Kelly said...

I love those snowballs! Cute idea to put them on the tree. The white Christmas décor is pretty with your vintage touches added.

Robin Johnson said...

Your corner of Christmas Cheer is lovely. I love the snowballs and all the white bottle brush tree's

Anne said...

So beautiful! Love all of the white! It's so dreamy...<3

xx
Anne

must love junk said...

Well, your start on Christmas decorating looks gorgeous! Love all the white.
(Was that a clock case in the last pic?)
Susan

Revi said...

I love those bottle brush trees in the old light fixtures and the clock body...lookin' good, Linsey!
-Revi

Katie Mansfield said...

Oh my word that clock case is amazing. I love all the white, white white! Fabulous. Can't wait to see more!

Mary said...

Hi Lindsey, I love your awesome Christmas decor! I featured you this week at Boogieboard Cottage. Blessings, Mary

La Petite Gallery said...

Lindsey, I grew up in Houston.
I only remember an ice storm.
NEVER show. Living in Maine and loving it.
Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving

Calypso In The Country said...

I love your beautiful decorations! I will start decorating my house the day after Thanksgiving.
-Shelley

Christina Paul said...

what a wonderful snowy winterland! and in texas! Love your beautiful paintings as well!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I love your snowballs, Linsey. If this cold keeps up, you might get some real ones! ;)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Linsey, I love it all! A white Christmas is a wonderful thing to see! I would love if you shared with Share Your Cup (my link party) sometime!
hugs,
Jann

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linsey, I love the snowball tree and the whole vignette. So perfect.

Jaybird said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!!! Another "Smitten" fan! How fun is that?? We happened to stay in the Peach Tree Inn last spring and I found "our" store....right around the corner. I LOVE that place!! I bought a number of pieces of brown and white transferware which I promptly brought home and put away so carefully that I haven't seen them since :^0...argh....
Maybe we will meet up there one day.
Love your home and decorating style!
Blessings,
J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...